The following changes will go into effect in Illinois starting on January 1, 2024:
1) Personnel Records Review Act:
- If an Employee requests it, Employers will be required to send employee’s personnel records by email or regular mail.
2) Child Extended Bereavement Act:
- Employers with at least 50 employees must grant unpaid leave to employees who lose a child due to suicide or homicide.Employers of 250 or more employees must grant 12 weeks of unpaid leave and employers of under 250 employees must grant 6 weeks of unpaid leave.
3) Employee Blood and Organ Donation Leave:
- Employers with 51 or more employees must allow employees to take up to 10 days of paid leave in any 12-month period for the purpose of serving as an organ donor.
4) Amendment to Victims Economic Security and Safety Act:
- This amendment expands the entitlement to unpaid leave for specific circumstances involving a family or household member who is a victim of a violent crime.