Virginia Governor Ralph Northam recently announced the release of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Rapid Response funding to support Northern Virginia employers to remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds are designed to assist local employers to avert layoffs and support other operational needs.
How the Process Works
- A business with employees located in Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties and the cities of Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park) that has 250 or fewer employees is eligible.
- Fill out the COVID-19 Rapid Response funding application and budget spreadsheet.
- Submit your completed application to Seema Jain, VP of Operations, at [email protected]. Application requests shall not exceed $25,000. Smaller requests are encouraged.
- Decisions for funding approval for applications will be made within two (2) business days of submission. Approved employers are required to enter into an agreement with the SkillSource Group, Inc. that will outline the project deliverables and outcomes.
- For all grant contracts, SkillSource will reimburse the company for expenses, up to the approved contract amount.
Acceptable Uses of the Funding
- a cleaning/sanitization service.
- the purchase of software/programs that employees would need to use from home to support their work.
- the purchase of remote access supplies, including laptop computers and/or smart phones, which the employees would need to use from home to support their work.
- other innovative methods that keep businesses open and workers employed.
NOTE: as of now, the funding cannot be used for employer payroll or fringe benefit obligations.